The Vic; 2-26-09

MHeyne

Rob,

I'm really glad this Vic show is on your initial list of uploads from the last tour. It was a fantastic show from start to finish (with a really strong setlist), and it would be great to get a good-sounding '79 show by you guys (I haven't seen that many out there).

Thanks for your work on this.

Mark

Guest ramyloco

I would have to agree with MHeyne. I was at this show as well and feel that a SBD of a '79 show would be fantastic to have. What a crazy setlist! Having not been aware of that Dead show, I recently went to archive to stream it and noticed quickly that it was "one of those shows". There were a ton of posts with people clamoring about how they wore the tape of that show out years prior. The interesting thing about that is that there's only one known Aud. and the sound quality is fair at best. So that tells you something about the energy of that show and what DSO set out to recreate. Having said that... imagine what a mastered Rob Eaton recording will sound like. To hear that Music closer and the relentless flow of that second set! It's an easy vote for me this time around...

The Vic all the way.

On another note. I must take a second to thank the efforts of Rob for taking his time off to make these recordings available to the fans. To even ask for our input on the uploading of shows is a privilege in of itself. I have made the error of purchasing live shows from other bands and the product is so poor at times that it's hard to believe and frankly embarrassing that they're willing to charge anything at all. R.E.'s sound engineering abilities are truly phenomenal and it's really something to be able to download a show and minutes later hear them with a good pair of headphones.

Having said that, I strongly believe that a few people of this forum need to start censoring themselves a little better by taking a minute to reread the crap that they write. One clown had the audacity to respond that R.E. shouldn't take it so personally after Rob became agitated when clown proclaimed, "That sucks". Really??? Unlike this ungrateful brat, I'm one of many that really look forward to R.E.'s remastered works and I'd be pissed if idiots ruined these opportunities.

i will third this request

i was at this show and recorded it from what i thought would be a KILLER location...not too much of the EXTREMELY rowdy crowd and the best possible sound.

well, best sound i got...great job on bringing up kevin's THUNDER!!!! (my recordings shake the house!!!)

and the band sounds crystal clear with some breath to the sound.

but, i also got ALL of the rowdy crowd. some were going as far as climbing up to scream into my mics.

when i told the guy to stop it he could damage them he told me to fuck myself. what a jagoff.

this occured ALL NIGHT from people purposely trying to be heard on the recording. some of them screamers, singers (WAY out of key) and WHISTLERS.

all night throught the sweetest jams...PIERCING WHISTLE right next to me ALL NIGHT. unreal.

there were SO many killer jams and not to mention the fillers. next time you see me and lisa's hurts me too!!!! damn, i STILL get chills thinking about it. the girl was BRINGIN' IT!!!!! damn, that was the SHIT i tell ya. highlight of the night for me.

so, rob if ya got the time and notion...rock out this hometown show!!!!

please

thanks

Archived