Another One Of My Needlessly Long Reviews

jfolks

A few days late so heres the short short version.

Do EVERYTHING in your power, people, to get to the Ledges. It's New Years Christmas Thanksgiving Your Birthday Fourth of July Woodstock and Columbus Day all rolled into one.

Personal highlights:

Getting rained on during end of the first night's first set.

The jams and angry '88 Space on 8/29.

Winning Set List Lotto.

Don't Let Go with Keller.

Cornmeal's multi-faceted dead-influenced jam that had a bonafide Fire riff that went into Benny & the Jets. Yeah you heard right.

Chilling in the lake with the New Mastersounds laying it down smooth.

Boombox pumping the crowd up perfectly before DSO took the stage.

Those light shows during shows 1 and 3 and Boombox.

Hanging with the 151 crew for waaaaaay too many hours; favorite quote (to the instrumental bluegrass playing two camps over) "This song is called 'Throw down your mother'"

Most beautiful Eyes I've ever heard live with the piano and B3 dancing around each other like butterflies.

Playing BBall despite the excessive heat.

The crowd reacting to "leap from LEDGES high and wild" during Foolish Heart better this time than the last time (GFest '06)

The sweetest Brokedown imaginable. So fragile. Perfect ending.

Can't wait to do it again next year. I'm hoping for an earlier start, say July or at least two weeks before Labor Day. No matter what though, it is THEE place to be. :dsorocks:

Guest crazy digits
Okay, once again I will attempt to muster the words to describe another wonderful gratefulfest. Rode in with bix, Nicole, chuck, and lisa (thanks again lisa for herding us donkeys!)

• Forum MVP

Yep, it all worked out pretty well on the whole...Cornmeal winning friends and influencing people again! A truly epic Scarlet>Fire (Jordan - let's talk sometime about being "bored" with it... <_< ) and absolutely the most perfect Eyes in recent memory.

Til the next time...

cat_driving_caption.jpg

• Forum MVP
Jordan-nice review....sorry about the uncomfortable conditions :( but I guess we learned many lessons at the ledges this year such as it takes more than 1 tarp to keep things dry........love the pic chuck....thanks for the smiles :)

please dont feel bad, lis... thats just the nature of traveling to fests... were gonna miss ya in austin (and tulsa and dallas)!!!!

Archived