I'm with you brother...I am super depressed :(

Hope everyone is having a grate time ;)

Last year was my first gratefulfest, and it was life changing,

they played some grate shows too,

i stayed for over 8 days , it was an awesome experience

i met some of the coolest people too...

like anddave jfolks and greyhead :D

From General discussion thread NLQP:

We are all having a Grate time. The weather has turned out to be fantastic.

Last nites set was.

Irvine Meadows, CA (4/23/88)

Started with a sound check jam as there was no sound check.

Hell in a Bucket

Cold Rain and Snow

Hey Pocky Way

West L.A. Fadeaway

Funiculi Funicula

Me and My Uncle

Big River "About a 2 minute group shower"

To Lay Me Down

Cassidy

Don't Ease Me In

Playin' in the Band

Crazy Fingers

Uncle John's Band

drums

Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

I Need a Miracle

Dear Mr. Fantasy

Hey Jude Reprise

Stella Blue

Turn on Your Love Light

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Filler The Weight

Wish you all were here, this is one of the nicest places to see a show!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolutely amazing time! Highlights for me included the first night Hey Pocky Way and then everything from GDTRFB on (especially Stella Blue-thank you John), second night Morning Dew and third night, well, everything, but especially Waiting for a Miracle and Eyes, oh the Eyes, one of the best I've ever heard, EVER!!! Great to meet all the forum folks, so many smiles, so many memories. Thank you DSO for recharging my soul :D

"I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow."

Don't know what to say, amazingly great time. Too much fun!

Maybe in a day or two I can think of more to write.

I feel like I left this planet and landed back down to earth today, acclimation time ahead of me.

Did anyone see the jellyfish in the quarry?

Love you all, Kris

• Forum MVP

Well...it is very hard to describe in words such an experience as Gratefulfest at NLQP...it really doesn't do much justice to what this weekend actually embodied.

I can safely say Gratefulfest was the most enjoyable time of all my DSO excursions, adventures, and scenes that I've been a part of. the Ledges this weekend with soooooo many beloved friends was like a slice of heaven here on earth. the 3 shows were extraordinary, each having its own special moments. personally, i absolutely loved the first night, the tune selection, and the flow of the second set was so natural and cosmic at the same time. my first HeavensDoor and ToLayMeDown in one show, the HeyJude was incredible as it rolled into a Stella>Lovelight, really left me speechless. the following night's 77 show was equally powerful, equally emtional, but had the 77 kick that put it at the top of my list. probably the best Scarlet i've witnessed, and i'm pretty sure just seeing "Terrapin>Morning Dew" on paper is enough to knock your socks off (right Blythe?). this transition was heavenly, and the peak of the Dew, i really can't figure out a word that can describe it. just listen to it when it appears on Archive and you might get it! sunday's original was the cherry on top of it all. one of the best pre-drumz sequences i've experienced (StStephen>Eyes>Women>Foolish woahh). the other bands were awesome, all providing the perfect atmosphere during the day before DSO's performances each night. Thanks to so many people for being just the way you all are. Steve, Kris, Brian, i love you guys so much, you three are like rays of sunshine. (sue&vince, it's implied at this point, you know my appreciation.) Barry, Jordan, Chuck, Kyle, Lauren, Lisa, James, Bix, Herdy, Gary, Connie, Anthony, Ellen, Mike, Nicole, Sage, just to name a few of the fine people. I'm so happy that i can call all of you my friends and be a part of this family. Hey DSO, thanks a lot, as none of this would be possible without you, for that i am forever grateful...

Words can't describe the spirit that Gratefulfest left me with thanks to all the great people involved. Kris thanks for coming up with the unintentional theme of our camp- "I love you more today than yesterday". Steves cuisine and hospitality, you guys are the best in so many ways! Vince Sue Torin thanks for being who you are - love you guys. Barry Jordan Chuck Herdy Bix Gary Connie and others bringing peace and love to the ledges. Nicole thanks for keeping the peace up front stage. Thank you DSO for moving this broken body like only you can do. The music and getting to know people are my favorite things in life. Thank you all!

Peace

Brian

After last year's Gratefulfest I had to ask myself if the experience was real; and if so could it ever be repeated. Happily the answer is a resounding yes.

The vibe and music were incredible. After hearing Cornmeal on friday I thought wow that's going to be a really tough act to follow. DSO was certainly up to the task. What a series of shows.

I saw my first DSO shows at Ledges last year and have been reeled right in. 15 in this past year and hopefully more in the coming year. They seem to just get better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived