Looking For Non-dso Shows

Grateful_Bruno

• Forum MVP

Hey all. I know this is a non- Dark Star Orchestra related post, but hoping it is okay with everyone. I am curious if anyone out there has any recordings of Bobby and the Midnites shows - particularly from the 1981 era with Alphonso Johnson on bass and Billy Cobham on drums. Let me know. Have a great weekend all. Can't wait until Mountain Jam in a couple weeks to see DSO again!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mind of a squirrel
Hey all. I know this is a non- Dark Star Orchestra related post, but hoping it is okay with everyone. I am curious if anyone out there has any recordings of Bobby and the Midnites shows - particularly from the 1981 era with Alphonso Johnson on bass and Billy Cobham on drums. Let me know. Have a great weekend all. Can't wait until Mountain Jam in a couple weeks to see DSO again!

Heads up Bruno-

This is over at shnflac.net:

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=b6e9...f58265addb71683

Bobby and the Midnites1982-06-18 Cape Cod Coliseum S Yarmouth MA

Torrent: Bobby and the Midnites1982-06-18 Cape Cod Coliseum S Yarmouth MA

Added: 06/19/08 - 07:50:52 - Rob Berger - 508.19 MB

Details: Ratdog Berger etree --

Description: Bobby & the Midnites

6/18/82

Cape Cod Coliseum, S. Yarmouth, MA

source: sennheiser 421's+sbd mix(?)

Jerry Moore's 1st gen cassette

lineage:

sony d5 master>sony d5 1st gen,

nak dragon>tascam hd-p2 24/48>cd wave>adobe audition 2.0>flac

transferred by Rob Berger

disc one: 43:18

01: Bombs Away

02: Festival

03: Youngblood

04: Far Away

05: Easy To Slip

06: Bahama Mama

07: Me Without You

disc two: 45:30

01: Book Of Rules

02: Salt Lake City

03: Rock In The 80's

04: This Time Forever>

05: Shade Of Grey>

06: Heaven Help>Drums//

07: /Josephine

(around & around, satisfaction - missing)

notes: JGB opened

• Forum MVP

thanks Mind of a Squirrel. I will check it out furthur when I get a chance. I tried to click on the link and got the ol' error message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage . But, thanks for the heads-up. I will investigate furthur later today. I just got home from working a 13-hour night shift. gotta get a little shut eye, before having to go back in again at 6:00 pm tonight. Take care and have a grate day!

• Forum MVP

Thanks so much for steering me in this direction! I have successfully downloaded the show, and see they have a couple others too. I still am trying to figure out how to convert flac files to wav so that I can burn to CD, but I at least can listen to the show for now. Thanks again for your help, it was grately appreciated. Have a good weekend all. Take care.

Guest mind of a squirrel
Thanks so much for steering me in this direction! I have successfully downloaded the show, and see they have a couple others too. I still am trying to figure out how to convert flac files to wav so that I can burn to CD, but I at least can listen to the show for now. Thanks again for your help, it was grately appreciated. Have a good weekend all. Take care.

Piece of cake. You need either to download the Flac Frontend software, which you can get for free here:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

or, you can get 'Trader's Little Helper', which has that and many other functions, incl. stuff to convert .shn files, etc. here:

http://tlh.easytree.org/

If you need additional help figuring them out, let me know. It's really a piece of cake.

• Forum MVP

thanks. I will try http://tlh.easytree.org/ . For some reason, even though I can see that FLAC front end was successfully downloaded, when I drag the files into the white area and click on decode, I get an error message stating flac.exe not found! ...even though I can see that was part of the zipped file when downloaded. Any idea what I need to do. Let me know. Thanks again and have a great weekend. Bernie

Guest mind of a squirrel
thanks. I will try http://tlh.easytree.org/ . For some reason, even though I can see that FLAC front end was successfully downloaded, when I drag the files into the white area and click on decode, I get an error message stating flac.exe not found! ...even though I can see that was part of the zipped file when downloaded. Any idea what I need to do. Let me know. Thanks again and have a great weekend. Bernie

I don't think you can drag. You probably need to select the folder, highlight the contents, and do it that way.

Of course if you are only going to listen on your computer, you don't need to decode them at all.

Just use the Winamp player, and download the Flac plugin for it. There's a .shn plugin you can get too.

That's my new thing. I have an external hard drive, and just tote it between work and home and that is how I now listen to my shows. I have them archived as raw data on DVD, and I can swap them out whenever I feel like it without burning a thing.

• Forum MVP

SUCCESS! Traders Little Helper was the answer. I have now successfully decoded flac files to wav and burned my first CD. I appreciate the help from kind people like: jfolks and mind of a squirrel. I truly appreciate your help. Have a great weekend!

• 1 month later...
Guest mind of a squirrel

Bruno- here's another one that just popped-up on shnflac.net:

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=2726...6b3edbc35ae7e8a

File Name: Bobby and The Midnites 1982-11-13 Euphoria Tavern.SBD 272641085610fcc385dd7e8da6b3edbc35ae7e8a

Torrent: Bobby and The Midnites 1982-11-13 Euphoria Tavern.SBD torrent Add to wishlist

Added: 08/19/08 - 09:28:53 - another mike - 997.66 MB

Details: Gift etree --

Description: Bobby & The Midnites

11/13/82 (early & late shows)

Euphoria Tavern

Portland, OR

Source: SBD > unknown taping equipment & taper > MAC > Cass > Cass (Maxell XLII 90x2)

Transfer:1st Gen SBD Cassettes > Nakamichi CD2 (azimuth adjusted) > Lunatec V3 (24/96) >

Audiophile 2496 > CEP 2.0 (24/96)> Audacity (downsample/dither to 16-bit/44.1) > CD Wave Editor > TLH > FLAC16.

Transfer, all editing and upload to bt.etree.org by Alex Ford on 9/27/2006.

*1st Gen Cassettes supplied by Jake Feinberg.

A huge thank you goes out to Jeff Harrison in Eugene for loaning me his masters...JF*

Early Show:

d1t01 crowd/tuning

d1t02 Bombs Away

d1t03 Young Blood

d1t04 Big Iron

d1t05 Fly Away

d1t06 Easy To Slip >

d1t07 Bahama Mama (Bass jam) >

d1t08 Me Without You

d1t09 Rock In The 80's

d1t10 Man Smart, Women Smarter

d1t11 Thunder & Lightning

d1t12 crowd

Encore:

d1t13 Too Many Losers

Late Show:

d2t01 crowd/tuning

d2t02 Festival

d2t03 Turn Out The Light

d2t04 I Found Love (Cochran's Guitar Solo)

d2t05 Supplication >

d2t06 Book Of Rules

d2t07 New Minglewood Blues,

d3t01 Shade Of Grey >

d3t02 Bass solo >

d3t03 Shade Of Grey

d3t04 Heaven Help The Fool >

d3t05 Drum solo >

d3t06 Josephine >

d3t07 One More Saturday Night//

Bobby & The Midnites:

Bob Weir Guitar, Vocals

Dave Garland Keyboards, Tenor Saxophone, Vocals

Billy Cobham Drums, Vocals

Bobby Cochran Guitar, Vocals

Alphonso Johnson Bass, Vocals

Guest mind of a squirrel

...And yet another:

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=98be...4ebb03791099134

File Name: Bobby and The Midnites 1980-11-04 Orpheum Theater 98be6fde457a727268c8c2e444ebb03791099134

Torrent: Bobby and The Midnites 1980-11-04 Orpheum Theater torrent Add to wishlist

Added: 08/20/08 - 01:04:53 - another mike - 0.98 GB

Details: Gift etree --

Description: Bobby & The Midnites

Orpheum Theater

Boston, MA

11/4/80

Source: MAC>CASS1>CASS2

Transfer: NAK CR2A > Sony CDR-W33 > CDR > EAC > CDWave (for tracking) > FLAC

Verified clean of SBEs via TLH

Bob Weir - guitar

Bobby Cochran - guitar

Brent Mydland - keyboards