2024 Fall Tour and Cosmic New Year Announced!

3 hours ago, Tea said:

Presale is now live! 🌹🎟️🌹
Score advance tickets to our Fall Tour & Cosmic New Year's Eve shows today thru 10 PM ET on Thurs. 8/22. Use password 'SHAKEDOWN' to unlock tickets in advance of the public on sale Friday at 10 AM ET. 

https://www.darkstarorchestra.net/tour/

I’ll be at all 4 Cap shows. 3 first row loge, 1 second row loge. 8th row floor in Poughkeepsie. Floor for Penn’s Peak.

might go to Long Island on 11/30 to make it even 7 shows

this brings me over 30 shows post-Covid

Fired up!!!

I was really hoping to see some Midwest dates or maybe even one in the south, considering I’m in Tennessee. Happy for everyone that will be able to attend fall tour though. I know they’ll be great shows. I’ll be looking forward to the next one. The music never stops. 

• Like (+1) 1
On 8/21/2024 at 1:33 PM, Rude said:

I wanna do Rome>Binghampton>boston>New Haven. That’s my goal!!!

I understand the logistics of this but try to start south at the cap and then head up north. Been a long time bro but  I’ll most  likely be in Boston or New Haven. 

• Forum MVP

We have to fly in Vic. So fly to Boston. Drive to upstate New York and finish back at Boston with the rental car. You know how crazy it is to drop a rental at a different airport. It’s like $600 fee extra so gotta plan the logistics. What’s weird is flying to Newark or Boston puts us 4hours from Rome from either airport and both airports are 2 hours from New Haven. Both airports are within 10 minutes of each other to both locations. That was pretty freaking weird 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which hotels, motels and notels are the best in each of these towns?

I'll be visiting friends for the first three shows of the tour, but am going off on my own for Rome, Binghamton, Boston and New Haven. I hate just picking a random place if there is "A Place"!

Help a brother out with some good intelligence.

Aiko Aiko

Another crazy thought here ... I have a companion ticket if I have a companion who wants to fly up there on the 15th and come back on the 24th. I'll check in here tomorrow and see if anybody wants to escape the Carolinas for a week in New York.

$150 bucks will carry whoever up and back

Just a thought and still would love to know the good hotels, motels or whatever.

Aiko Aiko

GSP
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC
Terminal
journey duration 1h 59m
arrives on

LGA
New York-LaGuardia, NY
Terminal Terminal C
  • Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, Captain Zap said:

Another crazy thought here ... I have a companion ticket if I have a companion who wants to fly up there on the 15th and come back on the 24th. I'll check in here tomorrow and see if anybody wants to escape the Carolinas for a week in New York.

$150 bucks will carry whoever up and back

Just a thought and still would love to know the good hotels, motels or whatever.

Aiko Aiko

GSP
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC
Terminal
journey duration 1h 59m
arrives on

LGA
New York-LaGuardia, NY
Terminal Terminal C

Thanks for looking out!  Wish it could be me but hopefully someone takes you up on it.

Hey - really hoping that conditions in your area are beginning to improve a bit.  The images and accounts are a complete and total nightmare.  Your trip to NY will be awesome and a welcome distraction from the abject sadness you must be feeling.  

Safe Travels, Captain Zap

• Forum MVP

I really wanna do some of this but the logistics are exhausting. I’m barely hanging on with a boy at the peak of his wildness. My nerves are frayed. I prob need shows but everything feels like such a chore now when ut involves 6am flights and rental cars. There’s also underlying thoughts of abandonment by our band. Northeast is in heaven. We ain’t. Having to find other shit to see. It will likely approach 9 months without a show within 10 hours unless winter is more than 4 hours from the ocean. This begs the question. Did a band member get turned into a mermaid and needs salt water every few days. I’m just asking questions. Also did DSO create the hurricane to avoid Asheville? Bad breakup with someone there and they changed the weather to avoid them? Just asking questions. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rude said:

I really wanna do some of this but the logistics are exhausting. I’m barely hanging on with a boy at the peak of his wildness. My nerves are frayed. I prob need shows but everything feels like such a chore now when ut involves 6am flights and rental cars. There’s also underlying thoughts of abandonment by our band. Northeast is in heaven. We ain’t. Having to find other shit to see. It will likely approach 9 months without a show within 10 hours unless winter is more than 4 hours from the ocean. This begs the question. Did a band member get turned into a mermaid and needs salt water every few days. I’m just asking questions. Also did DSO create the hurricane to avoid Asheville? Bad breakup with someone there and they changed the weather to avoid them? Just asking questions. 

even if dso is responsible for our hurricane disaster, I’m still gonna go see um. 

22 hours ago, Tea said:

Thanks for looking out!  Wish it could be me but hopefully someone takes you up on it.

Hey - really hoping that conditions in your area are beginning to improve a bit.  The images and accounts are a complete and total nightmare.  Your trip to NY will be awesome and a welcome distraction from the abject sadness you must be feeling.  

Safe Travels, Captain Zap

We did OK. Lots of cleaning up and lots of sadness for neighbors to the north. The loss of Chimney Rock, Black Mountain ... the devastation in Asheville ...

I'm hoping the band comes around in the Fall to really lift spirits. The Salvage Station could not have survived and the Pisqah Brewery may be washed out too.

All that said ...

I'm looking forward to my mini road trip. It's not well thought out, but is was not well thought out when I got on the bus almost 50 years ago.

I am really looking forwards to shaking my bones

Perhaps we'll meet ...

Aiko Aiko .... ALL DAY!!!