8/15/2024 @ South Shore Music Circus, Cohasset, MA

Tea

• Forum MVP

Winterland Arena

1974-10-19

San Francisco, CA

Mississippi Half Step, Me & My Uncle, Friend Of The Devil, Beat It On Down The Line, It Must Have Been The Roses, El Paso, Loose Lucy, Black Throated Wind, Scarlet Begonias, To Lay Me Down, Mama Tried, Eyes Of The World-> China Doll, Big River

Phil & Ned ?

Uncle John's Band, Big Railroad Blues, The Race is On, Tomorrow Is Forever, Mexicali Blues, Dire Wolf, Sugar Magnolia-> He's Gone-> Truckin'-> Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) Jam-> Drums-> Truckin'-> Black Peter, Sunshine Daydream

E: One More Saturday Night

E: U.S. Blues

• Thanks (+1) 2

Some shows are beyond description, this was one of them. My oh my. A wonderfully great recreation, incredible show and set list. Enjoyed the rotating perspective, like having a back stage pass or front row seat, very close to the band. Amazing music from DSO and great dancing vibe under the tent was great summertime fun for all of us lucky enough to be there. Sound system maybe not as good as other venues, not quite enough of Skip’s bass. That jam into truckin and the sequence that follows, I love how I could have heard Dead explorations like that from recordings, and then with DSO I get to actually experience it. A part of what made the Dead so unique during a classic era, and I get to see listen to it live still. As always, thank you DSO!!

• Like (+1) 3

First show since 2020 (pre COVID) and I wasn't sure what and how the band would deliver.

So thrilled to say that they all rocked out with remarkable energy, joy and dedication to the music we all love.

So glad DSO is still out there doing what they do, hope to see you all again soon!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I love reading this stuff. Dso always brings it. I’ve seen shows with 100 people if they there where they lose money and they play the best show of the tour. Dso is the best. No ones at their level. People like Bix and Chuck and Dr B have seen shows with 20 people and the band brings it. Glad things are back to normal!!!

Im drooling over fall tour dates. Ready to get my mojo back!!

tonight is the Hamptons. Strange 2 hour show but many peeps think 2 hours is too long. Will be interesting to hear about this $125 GA ticket show. I hope Dso makes bank tonight but an 8-10 solo show is sooooo weird. Soooooo soooooo weird. 

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Rude said:

I love reading this stuff. Dso always brings it. I’ve seen shows with 100 people if they there where they lose money and they play the best show of the tour. Dso is the best. No ones at their level. People like Bix and Chuck and Dr B have seen shows with 20 people and the band brings it. Glad things are back to normal!!!

Im drooling over fall tour dates. Ready to get my mojo back!!

tonight is the Hamptons. Strange 2 hour show but many peeps think 2 hours is too long. Will be interesting to hear about this $125 GA ticket show. I hope Dso makes bank tonight but an 8-10 solo show is sooooo weird. Soooooo soooooo weird. 

4 hour show. 3/14/71 with a ton of filler 😉

• Forum MVP
Just now, Rbarracoph said:

4 hour show. 3/14/71 with a ton of filler 😉

the website said 8-10. And then you guys play that kind of show…. Well Hampton on a Monday was never in our cards. I’ll just be patient tor the 69 on fall 

• Forum MVP

2 shows come to mind in the sparsely attended theme…

Acoustic show in Kent, OH back in the JK days…even first row wasn’t filled.

Cornmeal opening for DSO in I believe it was Oxford, MS also in JK days…I counted a total of 13 people.

Both performances were fantastic. That’s why they are professionals.

• Like (+1) 1