7/21/24 @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Ashbury, NJ

• Forum MVP

Set 1
Promised Land, They Love Each Other, Me & My Uncle, Mississippi Half Step, Looks Like Rain, Peggy-O, Minglewood Blues, Friend Of The Devil, The Music Never Stopped

Set 2
Bertha-> Good Lovin', Loser, Estimated Prophet-> Eyes Of The World-> Samson & Delilah*, He's Gone-> Not Fade Away-> Truckin'

E: Terrapin Station

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

No filler. No time 😉

More time to stretch out that Terrapin.  I'm pretty sure you were at the original, right?  I have it in my head also that this was Skip's 1st show - could also be another one of my pipe dreams again B)

• Forum MVP
28 minutes ago, Tea said:

More time to stretch out that Terrapin.  I'm pretty sure you were at the original, right?  I have it in my head also that this was Skip's 1st show - could also be another one of my pipe dreams again B)

Eaton, Jeff, and I were at Englishtown

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I was a sophomore in high school. I remember my friends who went to public school talking about it right afterwards. (The Grateful Dead never came up in conversation while attending a private, catholic, all boys high school) Simply described as some big surprise concert where everyone just showed up. That was the second time I ever heard of the Grateful Dead. The first time was another neighborhood friend commenting that the Grateful Dead were coming to Philly.  Musta been ‘76, after their hiatus. I remember immediately asking another friend about them. He described them as a different band whose concerts are like no other. Fast forward to fall ‘79, I go away to college. Everyone is bringing their musical influences and tastes to the dorms. I turned everyone on to Steely dan and Little Feat, bragged about loving acoustic music. So, this guy sits me down and says, if you like acoustic music, check this out, …he plays me Friend of the devil. That’s actually where it all began. I don’t remember a bus, though, but was definitely transported. Turns out my major was Grateful Dead and the classes were taught by my roommate. That’s all I learned during my short college experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

What great show, finally some good weather around here. 
Barraco said at the beginning of the show the front row on stage was at this show!! 

The stone pony is cool for obvious reasons but it always gets super packed. A lot of families are down the shore vacationing and they go there regardless of who’s playing to hang. 

show was incredible. Start to finish everything was perfect. Haven’t seen the boys since the spring so to have a perfect show on beautiful NJ night was awesome. Weather in the northeast has been brutally humid and gross all summer. 
Loser is a song that I’ve loved since I got on the bus,  but when Jeff gives it that little solo extra extension it warms my heart. Kind of like 7/7/89 off the top of my head. 

thank you dso as always, see you soon back in NY

• Like (+1) 2