2024 Summer Tour!

• Forum MVP

Man I had somehow come to the conclusion that they weren’t really going to play the Mishawaka again…guess I thought they had outgrown that place and I’d missed the opportunity…that venue has been on my bucket list for small intimate outdoor spaces for quite a while…it wasn’t 72 hrs before the Colorado shows were announced that we were talking about the Mish and wanting to go there at some point and find a band we liked playing there etc etc… Then the shows get announced (with like 48 hrs before tix are on sale 🤪) so who knows what it means but got tix for the Mish and Boulder theater since those will sell out and fill in Vail and Denver later…

Still curious if there might be some in fill on the sched for some mid week outdoor shows in Oregon between Colorado and Greek but if so surely that would get announced sooner than later.

im probably not the only one around here who noticed the healthy ticket sales for Greek…hoping for the Band’s sake that that fully sells out and stoked for that bucket list trip too…

And if they end up announcing Jackson hole for this summer again (although seems that woulda landed weekend after Greek when they’ll be back in NY)) then there would be some tough decisions to make to prioritize what’s possible…..

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

More summertime fun!

7/9 - Santa Fe Brewing Co - Santa Fe, NM

7/10 - Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV

7/21 - Stone Pony Summer Stage - Asbury Park, NJ

8/23 - Thompson's Point - Portland, ME

8/24 - Jay Peak Resort - Jay, VT

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

The Borderland Music + Arts Festival Daily Lineup is here! 

borderlandfestival.com

DSO is playing September 15 in East Aurora, NY at Knox Farm State Park. 
Single Day GA Tickets available tomorrow - Thursday, June 13 - at 9am EST on borderlandfestival.com

May be an image of text that says 'EAST AURORA, NEW NE ORK BORDERLAND SEPTEMBER 13TH-15TH 2024 FESTIVEL FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13 THE BLACK CROWES CORY WONG E SHEEPDOGS EGGY FUZZY & THE RUSTBELTS BIG MARTHA:AN ALLMAN BROTHERS EXPERIENCE EVAN JENNISON &MOREBANDSTE BANDS TBA MORE 4 HNESRE SATURDAY SEPTEMBER CAAMP THE WOOD BROTHERS HOUNDMOUTH HOUNDI SIERRA HULL THEDIP WILDERADO HANDSOMEJACK UNCLEBEN'SREMEDY ANNIE IN THE WATER BORDERLAND DEAD ALL-STARS SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15 MARCUS KING DARK STAR ORCHESTRA THE WAILERS SUMBUCK *THERUMBLE THE FOLKFACES TRIBUTE JOHN PRINE MESS BORDERLAND BAND CAMP BUFFALO BRASS MACHINE WEEKEND & SINGLE-DAYPASSESAT -DAY PASSESA SINGLE-DAY BORDERLANDFESTIYAL.COM'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Damn, that's way north! I just added the Friday the 13th One Stop Asheville show to my Sat the 14th Emmylou Anderson Music Hall Haiwassee, Georgia show and would love to top it off with this Dark Star Orchestra Sunday show, but that 12 1/2 hours north of Murphy, NC isn't as enticing as the Fri Asheville.  I guess that's why it's the Borderland Festival and not the Mtns of NC festival 🙃🛞🇱🇷🎶

• Forum MVP

Marcus has got some serious backing behind him. Look at the huge band he travels with, horn section and all the trimmings. Dark Star is going to do what they do no matter where their place is in the line up

They're Workingman's Dead and who could ask for anything more

shake , rattle and roll away the dew

• Forum MVP

Pulled trigger and assembled all the pieces to see Vegas show. Next night do a Sphere Dead & Co. since I’m there.

Will be farthest west I’ve seen a DSO show. 
WTF it’s Vegas baby!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
13 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Pulled trigger and assembled all the pieces to see Vegas show. Next night do a Sphere Dead & Co. since I’m there.

Will be farthest west I’ve seen a DSO show. 
WTF it’s Vegas baby!!!

I recommend it. I mean dead and co is what it is, but the sphere is the show and a mind blowing experience. Boys are going out that same weekend but I don’t think they’ll land in time for DSO. Dead visuals on that screen with that sound was craaaaaaaazy and I recommend catching it now because the Eagles have it next. 🤣 

• Forum MVP

I talked to two local boys who went, one caught Phish and a friend of a friend caught Dead and Company. They both said the same thing. It’s a sensory overload, almost over stimulation. Sober sounds like the way to go. Performance enhancing drugs aren’t necessarily necessary. You’ll get stimulated enough. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I talked to two local boys who went, one caught Phish and a friend of a friend caught Dead and Company. They both said the same thing. It’s a sensory overload, almost over stimulation. Sober sounds like the way to go. Performance enhancing drugs aren’t necessarily necessary. You’ll get stimulated enough. 

I did both also. Just weed for phish, dosed for 2/3 of D&C. Can confirm not needed but took it to another level for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I'm happy to report that for those who are not able to attend the show in Vail, CO (7/3), Nugs will be streaming the show live and it's free to subscribers.  7pm MST showtime.  7-day free trial - wink, wink.

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-dark-star-orchestra-gerald-r.-ford-amphitheater-vail-co-07-03-2024-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/37606-WEBCAST.html  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

7/21/24 Stone Pony Show update (spoiler alert! - stop here if you don't want to know the show announcement)

DSO announced that they will be recreating Englishtown (9/3/77)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

We were thinking about doing Vegas, but we wanted an outside show being summertime. Vegas is such a beautiful spot for an outdoor show in the summer and the weather looks gorgeous. Remember it’s just a dry heat so it’s not that hot really. Great thing about Vegas in July is pretty much every hotel will comp you. I guess that’s why deadco’s shakedown is indoors. That’s gotta be a 1st. But you can get cancelled indoors but not really in a parking lot so gotta watch yourself. #metoo #keepthescenesafe #monetizethecancelholymoly #askingforconsentgetsyoutoo 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Strikes me as odd that DSO is closing out this segment of the summer tour with a 2-night, Monday > Tuesday finish.  I guess it is summer after all, but it's still interesting to me (casting zero dispersions).

While you're in for a good time no matter when DSO plays, here's to an extra helping of 'squirrely' for those in attendance.  I hope there are some Aces crawlin up and down their collective sleeves

• Forum MVP
On 8/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, Tea said:

Strikes me as odd that DSO is closing out this segment of the summer tour with a 2-night, Monday > Tuesday finish.  I guess it is summer after all, but it's still interesting to me (casting zero dispersions).

While you're in for a good time no matter when DSO plays, here's to an extra helping of 'squirrely' for those in attendance.  I hope there are some Aces crawlin up and down their collective sleeves

Well, no Doin That Rag during the Tuesday show at the Treehouse, but darn near everything else. Wow!