TIGDH

DesertDead

Missed it but yesterday was SPAC 6/18/83, one of the greatest second sets. Feels like the band is at the helm of ship navigating wild seas. I’m sure the storm going on during the show adds to that feeling, which by all accounts was wild in its own right. One of my all time favorites, great ambience from the audience recordings.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

1974-06-20 @ The Omni, Atlanta, GA

https://archive.org/details/gd1974-06-20.sbd.remaster.105427.flac16/gd74-06-20d1t01.flac

This remaster is simply killer - crazy good channel separation!  One of the better recordings I've ever heard for this time period - some say 1st Slipknot!  They had been emphasizing it for a couple months and this is the most pronounced.  More like a slipknot jam but it’s killer

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

https://archive.org/details/gd85-06-28.sbd.lemon2.5822.sbeok.shnf/gd6-28-85d1t01.shn

Love the echo of Jerry at the beginning of CRS. What a grate soundboard especially for everyone who was in the down pour. Seriously it was raining when we pulled into the parking lot around 5, rained as we found tickets, rained, nonstop all day, all night with what had to be the longest set break, at least an hour+15 min. where we were all thinking they were waiting for everyone leave, but we didn't, still drenching throughout the second set then my first Morning Dew, got back in the car afterwards to get outta the rain and head straight back to Cincy, sleeping in the grass along the highway to be woken by a nasty spider bite on my lip that puffed up for the rest of the drive. Coming off the Riverbend, Blossom shows and looking forward to the upcoming RR afternoon shows. June 28th is Hershey 85 Day 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

I heard it was Damp :rofl:

This tape was amongst the first 10 tapes I ever owned.  Played it until they sounded like Alvin & The Chipmunks and then my car stereo ate it.  Bird Song > Comes a Time > Deal !  Phil also clearly broke/fried something during that Dew - Yikes ❤️

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 6/28/2024 at 7:10 AM, Tea said:

Bird Song > Comes a Time > Deal !  

Existential consideration and perhaps unaswerable: is one willing to lost the jam in Bird Song to get a 1st set Comes A Time?  Some questions are harder than they seem. 😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
47 minutes ago, DesertDead said:

July 23

nuff said

I might need more.  Tinley Park?  Dino's Birthday?  Help a brother out

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, DesertDead said:

well in this thread, it’s Brent’s final show 😔

Swing and missed on that one - not sure how. It was the best and worst of times

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

https://archive.org/details/gd1987-08-11.sbd.gans.miller.92056.sbeok.flac16

Beginning of the run to the Harmonic Convergence on the 15th at Telluride. After checking out High Time played at this show today from 37 years ago, check out the one from 13 days ago on a recent sugarmegs's upload of Skeleton Krewe at Mulligans Bar on the Blue in Wailea, Maui Hawaii with Barraco joining in on How Sweet It Is ~ A Tribute to Jerry Garcia:

Harder They Come 

Sisters & Brothers

BEW

Lazy River Road

Catfish John

Like a Road

Tore Up

Second That Emotion 

Sitting Here in Limbo 

Midnight Moonlight>

Simple Twist>

Midnight Moonlight 

++++++

High Time

NFA

~~~~~~§

• Thanks (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

35 years ago 9/1/89 Jerry band at merriwethwr post pav and the great SBD release. We were fortunate and got to see the Dso Jerry band run and these 2 b2b shows in buckhead. Was a fantastic run

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
51 minutes ago, Rude said:

35 years ago 9/1/89 Jerry band at merriwethwr post pav and the great SBD release. We were fortunate and got to see the Dso Jerry band run and these 2 b2b shows in buckhead. Was a fantastic run

TIJGBH.

Hometown shows to start the tour.

Final Jerry appearance at MPP.

Had a bunch of fun at the pair.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, BillK522 said:

TIJGBH.

Hometown shows to start the tour.

Final Jerry appearance at MPP.

Had a bunch of fun at the pair.

Praise DSO.

It was either MPP or at Poplar Creek where an epic marshmallow war broke out.  Or was it Great Woods?  There were a few ‘File Not Found’ moments in the fall of 1989

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

In keeping with the drift, TIJGBH.

89/09/02  Merriweather Post Pavilion  Columbia, MD

I'll Take A Melody, They Love Each Other, Forever

Young,  That's What Love Will Make You Do,

Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Stoned Me,

Midnight Moonlight.

Cats Down Under the Stars, Waiting for a Miracle,

Simple Twist of Fate, Evangeline, Dixie Down,

Don't Let Go.

Praise DSO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Set Two: I'll Take A Melody ; They Love Each Other ; Forever Young ; That's What Love Will Make You Do ; Knockin' On Heaven's Door ; And It Stoned Me ; Midnight Moonlight 

Set Two: Cats Under The Stars ; Waiting For A Miracle ; Simple Twist Of Fate ; Evangeline ; The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down ; Don't Let Go

Filler: Bertha ; From The Heart Of Me ; What A Wonderful World ; The Maker > Not Fade Away ; Bobby McGee

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Happy 47th Anniversary to Englishtown!  One of my first tapes of an excellent recording besides Cornell.  The music was hot as was the apparently the weather!  Over 107,000 fans crammed into this place.  Great versions of some favorites (see 1/2 Step, Eyes, Loser, Peggy-O, NFA).  

I'm surprised to find out how many folks I've met where this was their first show - it's borderline uncanny.  In fact, I believe a couple DSO members were at this one.  All I know is that I wore this tape out - especially the section containing 1/2 step.  It was my most favorite tape for a good while until a kind soul turned me on to November of 1973.  Then it was like picking a favorite child after that

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I was listening to Englishtown this morning. Funny how at the end of the first set, they tell everyone that they’re taking a little break, “don’t go anywhere.” I do believe that security was a ring of train cars in a circle, making it a venue. Growing up, we always heard advertisements on the radio for the drag strip there. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Raceway Park, !

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
19 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Raceway Park, !

monster trucks fly GIF by Monster Jam

As many may know, this show featured the return of Mickey after crashing his Porsche and breaking his arm (hence the bands 3-month show hiatus - oh what could've been). Rumor has it that the band was planning to perform the Terrapin Suite for the encore but that Mickey put the kibosh on that plan because he could barley raise his arm above his head, and the drumming was going to be too difficult for him.  Again - oh, what could have been....

Anyone else (of the 6 people on here) confirm that this was indeed true true?  I also heard that they were planning to do the full suite on 3/18/77 and got as far as Terrapin Transit (some show Alhambra on track listings) and then pulled the plug.  Also - would love to know if this is also true.  Anyone?  Buehler? 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I was listening to Englishtown this morning. Funny how at the end of the first set, they tell everyone that they’re taking a little break, “don’t go anywhere.” I do believe that security was a ring of train cars in a circle, making it a venue. Growing up, we always heard advertisements on the radio for the drag strip there. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Raceway Park, !

I do remember those ads as well. This was my second GD show, really close to Staten Island where I was living but still had to walk final couple miles to venue made with semis and trainers lined up to form fence.

No knowledge regarding Terrapin suite but the show was lengthy including

Terrapin encore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Tea said:

this show featured the return of Mickey after crashing his Porsche and breaking his arm (hence the bands 3-month show hiatus - oh what could've been). Rumor has it that the band was planning to perform the Terrapin Suite for the encore but that Mickey put the kibosh on that plan because he could barley raise his arm above his head, and the drumming was going to be too difficult for him.  Again - oh, what could have been....

Anyone else (of the 6 people on here) confirm that this was indeed true true?  I also heard that they were planning to do the full suite on 3/18/77 and got as far as Terrapin Transit (some show Alhambra on track listings) and then pulled the plug.  Also - would love to know if this is also true.  Anyone?  Buehler? 

Sounds like a JohnA question.

Interesting nuggets if true.

Hope you are well my friend.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 3