Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

What do you all think about the line up.  My thoughts, and admittedly, a complete novice in knowing anything about any other bands!!  JGB, but I know Melvin gets tired quick, and his sets are short.  i love the sets, not a big fan of the gutiarist with him, as a i love jerry to much.......he is good, but....not matteson!!  

Ok....sounds negative so far, but I am just silly, I love all this stuff...

My question...with all the bands playing, it seems DSO is throwing themsleves into most all the music this year.  I am not sure if that is ticket sales, as Jubilee has been growing and growing.  

With DSO members playing in so many earlier performances, are we going to get ALOT OF GD AND JERRY?  Owsley, Father and Son, Matteson..etc    I am sure some originals, other covers, but you think this is going to be the biggest performed GD/Jerry Jube ever?

I really hope so, as i have not seen many of the other bands at other Jubilees.   After DSO, I am spent, so no more dance.  I save all my energy for DSO, cept for 2nd year JGB. 

I will dance all day, but do you think I am going to get to do it, knowing I only dance to Jerry or GD?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

What do you all think about the line up.  My thoughts, and admittedly, a complete novice in knowing anything about any other bands!!  JGB, but I know Melvin gets tired quick, and his sets are short.  i love the sets, not a big fan of the gutiarist with him, as a i love jerry to much.......he is good, but....not matteson!!  

Ok....sounds negative so far, but I am just silly, I love all this stuff...

My question...with all the bands playing, it seems DSO is throwing themsleves into most all the music this year.  I am not sure if that is ticket sales, as Jubilee has been growing and growing.  

With DSO members playing in so many earlier performances, are we going to get ALOT OF GD AND JERRY?  Owsley, Father and Son, Matteson..etc    I am sure some originals, other covers, but you think this is going to be the biggest performed GD/Jerry Jube ever?

I really hope so, as i have not seen many of the other bands at other Jubilees.   After DSO, I am spent, so no more dance.  I save all my energy for DSO, cept for 2nd year JGB. 

I will dance all day, but do you think I am going to get to do it, knowing I only dance to Jerry or GD?

You will definitely have an experience.....

• Forum MVP

Last year was brutal for me during the day. Spent a lot of rest time in car with AC. I am a pussy cat though!!!!

This year loks good. I like warm, but not direct sunlight. Warm overcasr is dealable.

Humid sucks, but I get drenched in the driest of places.

Looking forward to meeting new faces, old forum friends!!!

• Forum MVP

Last year was brutal for me during the day. Spent a lot of rest time in car with AC. I am a pussy cat though!!!!

This year loks good. I like warm, but not direct sunlight. Warm overcasr is dealable.

Humid sucks, but I get drenched in the driest of places.

Looking forward to meeting new faces, old forum friends!!!

We will be sure to bring our rug to add to great rug oasis! Can I trust the barefoot tribe to enjoy it and save us space? We will have little ones with that may require us to roam from time to time. I usually have an entourage to hold down space but most of our friends do Summercamp since we are from WI. This will be our family's first Jubilee so anyone willing to welcome us into their circle for the weekend would be most appreciated! We have a fully stocked campsite in tow as well so if you're in family camping and found you forgot anything, please don't hesitate to ask, we are happy to share what we have with scene! Can't wait to meet all your smiling faces! Only 10 more days!!!! (~);}

Okay so there are 4 on my group; my girlfriend and I (both 30) and our daughters age 9 and 11months. We are actually coming out to celebrate my girlfriends golden birthday which falls on the following Tuesday! So my plan inside the concert area was to have a 5x8 rug for us to enjoy during the daytime with the girls and a blanket in the grass to fall back to when it starts getting wild in rug city! I don't mind if people dance on our rug while we are away, just try not to spill on it, and save room for a couple of us to come dance occasionally! I think those are both reasonable requests. Can I trust the people of the rug to uphold the peace and protect our rug while we are away?

Archived