Jamestown Reg Lenna Center

DaysBetween

Original Setlist.  Late 70's style.  Overall lots of mellow, long jams :)

Bertha (8 anymores)

Passenger

Jackaroe

All Over Now

Simple Twist

Cassidy

Half Step

BIODTL > (13 beat)

Cold Rain and Snow >

Jack Straw

Help >

Slip >

Franklin's

Playin >

Comes A Time >

Drums > (no space)

Iko Iko >

GDTRFB >

World To Give >

J.B.Goode

E: Mystery Train

Lots of great stuff, highlights being Help > Slip, Playin, Cassidy, and Half Step in my opinion.  Love to elaborate but really have to get going :)

WHOOPS!  I *did* forget the Iko lol.  Even had it written down.  Thanks 2much.  And it DID have a looooong bass thumpy intro.

• Forum MVP

Love to see Simple Twist get a peek of daylight - drips with emotion!

My first DSO rendition and it was all I imagined...along with World to Give, so sweet.

The Aiko was particularly strong and the "security" guy next to me the entire show liked it as well.

At beginning of show he said he really didn't care what people did as long as it wasnt stupid and proved it.

A bunch of locals which he knew..,passed a bottle of Jack around and the skunk smell was all around.

"As long as they don't burn down the damn place"

This is a beautiful theatre venue with seats...with large balcony, and general admission show!

It is a party thrown by southern tier brewing company...second year in a row, this years brew Helles in a Bucket lol $4 not bad!

Far from full...Buffalo not that far away was sold out 2 notes earlier

Back to security guy...he said he never " liked GD music, but as he witnessed the " wave of happiness" in the crowd created by the music he changed his mind. During an instrumental part of Aiko he actually said "it's like the band and crowd are talking to each other"

This was the most laid back security...and deservedly so...really little reason for some of the tactics I have been through at a venue perhaps all time.

Did I mention the snow...several inches on the ground and lake effect snow squalls through the day and night...very pretty at half time

• Forum MVP

The ushers in the front entrance also let anybody in for the 2nd set for free !!

I have some old friends who live in Jamestown ... one is a teacher and the other owns his own little business right across from the theater ...

we had pre party at his business as well as set break party ...

correct it is a beautiful theater .. Jamestown folks turned out in force (only 30,000 people in the town)..

it is a show I hope continues as I will put this one on the must see rotation.....

• Forum MVP

Love to see Simple Twist get a peek of daylight - drips with emotion!

My first DSO rendition and it was all I imagined...along with World to Give, so sweet.

The Aiko was particularly strong and the "security" guy next to me the entire show liked it as well.

At beginning of show he said he really didn't care what people did as long as it wasnt stupid and proved it.

A bunch of locals which he knew..,passed a bottle of Jack around and the skunk smell was all around.

"As long as they don't burn down the damn place"

This is a beautiful theatre venue with seats...with large balcony, and general admission show!

It is a party thrown by southern tier brewing company...second year in a row, this years brew Helles in a Bucket lol $4 not bad!

Far from full...Buffalo not that far away was sold out 2 notes earlier

Back to security guy...he said he never " liked GD music, but as he witnessed the " wave of happiness" in the crowd created by the music he changed his mind. During an instrumental part of Aiko he actually said "it's like the band and crowd are talking to each other"

This was the most laid back security...and deservedly so...really little reason for some of the tactics I have been through at a venue perhaps all time.

Did I mention the snow...several inches on the ground and lake effect snow squalls through the day and night...very pretty at half time

That's a heart warming review! When the security guy, who's not a deadhead, 'gets it',,,then you know it's good. Thanks for your review, I get a good hit from that...

Archived