Unanswered Question

Guest Silver Fox

Guest jazz-man

This is just another reason to say a heartfelt "THANK YOU" to Eaton for the multitasking he does to make this my favorite band! Worthy of a trip to Amsterdam I dare say. This is oversimplifying it but "you rock, Rob!".

Nice! I'm not a world-renowned recording dude but I have done enough to know what Eaton's saying and it's awfully nice of him even to spend the time writing it down like that in such clear detail, let alone doing any of it in addition to performing and setlist planning. That post is a gift for those with ears to hear.

Taping is hard work and sharing the results is yet more hard work and those who do it, on both sides of the stage, are very generous with their time and attention, usually to the delight of all even in the case of lesser tape quality. If you have an interest, just dive in. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to get a listenable recording and you'll be endlessly entertained trying to learn to make better ones. Better than both you'll be doing a favor to people just like you.

...and me! :D

Semper Tape!!!!

+1

I can dig it.

IMO allowing tapers their own SBD feed from time to time and letting it hit the archive would stimulate interest in not only the Eaton remasters, but DSO in general. At the same time it'll allow more casual fans to be turned onto the magic that's happening without having to pay for it (initially) or have to listen to sub-par AUDS and get turned off. I can attest to the fact that I'd gladly buy an Eaton remaster of a dank DSO show in addition to having a straight SBD source. Or maybe put every sbd up as "stream only" on the archive, then go thru and release the nuggets in all good time.

Guest Rob Eaton

We've talked about doing several things one of which is after a certain amount of time we would put them on the Archive.. It's a little tricky because of the agreement with Nugs.net but I think it would make sense. Not going to be giving out soundboard feeds. The last time we did that the mix was terrible and thus you defeat the purpose.. It's not a perfect world we try to do the best for everyone and the music all at the same time.

Archived